In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses need to stay ahead of emerging trends to thrive. Audiovisual (AV) technology is one area experiencing rapid innovation. With the power to create immersive experiences, AV trends are transforming the way businesses interact with their customers.
It’s becoming more and more true that modern customers don’t just want to buy products, they want to buy experiences. Taking advantage of great audiovisual technology trends is the best way to ensure your business is forward-thinking and relevant. To stay ahead of the competition, you need to supercharge your customer service by creating a sense of excitement and uniqueness around your brand.
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI) in AV Systems
When we’re talking about the next big AV trends, it would be remiss of us to exclude artificial intelligence. AI is being incorporated into businesses in increasingly more productive ways—in 2023, we’re likely to see even more unique applications.
- Increased productivity
- Better customer service
- Improved speed of business
- Can operate without interruption or downtime
Amazon’s Alexa is a prime example of how AI integration in AV systems has worked in the past. With over 70,000 skills, Alexa provides instant information to customers, from weather updates to product recommendations. And, with powerful AI models like ChatGPT taking off, it won’t be long before you can integrate these platforms to leverage your business’ AV experience.
2. 8K Resolution Displays: Jaw-dropping Visuals
In AV trends 2023 and beyond, businesses are looking for even more impressive ways to display products and content, while also creating unique brand moments—8K resolution is the newest means of doing just that.
- Display clearer images and product content with the best picture quality
- Shows customers your business is forward-thinking
- Provide clear screen real estate with minimal distractions
- Improved video conferencing
Jewellery businesses are eagerly equipping this new technology to showcase, crystal clear, the quality of their products. The huge images allow them to display the tiny features of a ring with outstanding clarity.
3. Augmented Reality (AR): Immersive Experiences
Throughout 2023 and beyond, we’re bound to see AV trends dive further into the digital landscape with augmented and virtual reality. This is likely to pave the way for more efficient communication and connection.
- Increases engagement and interaction
- Provides a richer user experience
- Can increase the perceived value of products and brands
- Shows you are a forward-thinking brand
In Adidas’ mobile platform, customers can try on the Alphaedge footwear range in a matter of minutes, without leaving the comfort of their homes. Using AR, the app can overlay digital images of its Alphaedge 4D running shoes through a smartphone.
4. Interactive Displays: Boost Engagement
Nowadays, new and exciting AV technology is one of the best ways to draw in customers. They are great at keeping your customers engaged with your products for a longer period of time than more traditional routes of customer service.
- Increases engagement
- Display a wider range of products and product information
- Frees up more staff to work on other areas of the business
- Visually appealing to modern customers
An obvious example of this is McDonald’s self-service digital menus—they’re a fast food restaurant, so how can they make their service even faster? Digital menus, of course! Customers can view the whole menu and order precisely what they want with a few taps on the interactive display.
5. Wireless AV: Seamless Connectivity
Advancements in technology mean that a wireless future is just around the corner. Eventually, analogue AV systems will soon become obsolete. More efficient signal transmission is just one of the benefits we can look forward to in upcoming AV trends.
- Increased mobility and collaboration
- Increased responsiveness and faster communication
- Improved scalability
- Optimise d presentations and customer perception
While wireless AV technology is still relatively new, tech companies are offering AV equipment without cables right now. Your business will not only benefit from less clutter, but also faster signal transmission and increased mobility—allowing you to become more flexible as a business.
6. LED Walls: Captivate Audiences with Dynamic Visuals
- Better communication
- Capture customers’ attention
- Increased customer satisfaction
Prestigious companies like Google, Burberry and Louis Vuitton have utilised LED walls to create eye-catching displays which draw customers in and create unique customer experiences.
7. Virtual Events: Expanding Reach with Digital Experiences
The start of 2020 saw a gigantic shift in the way businesses had to market and deliver their products. In the years after, more and more brands have embraced the change and discovered new, exciting ways the digital landscape can grow their outreach.
- Reach a wider audience and become more accessible
- Improved flexibility
- Give attendees access to pre-recorded content at their own pace
- Reduce costs
Being known for their creative software solutions, Adobe saw the brand benefits of showcasing how forward-thinking they are with their virtual summits, without losing their signature style and flair.
To gain comprehensive insights on successfully running a virtual event, read further: How to Run a Virtual Event, Successfully.
8. Contactless Tech: Enhance Efficiency and Safety
Touchless technology has been around for a while, but in recent years we’ve seen the tech being implemented in new ways to foster efficiency and security. Plus, in a post-covid world, having this tech in your business shows you care about your customers’ safety.
- More hygienic
- Increased efficiency
- Gives your business a seamless, high-tech look
‘Touchless check-in’ is something that some hotels and airlines, including American Airlines, introduced in past years during the COVID-19 pandemic. Using your website, mobile app or QR codes, customers can check in to your event or place of business quickly, without having to line up or wait to speak to employees—this can greatly increase how efficiently your event runs, impressing your customers.
9. Holographic Displays: Create Memorable Experiences
Holographic displays can be marketing genius if used in the right instances. They create unforgettable product displays for customers that may not have originally considered your product.
- Increased interactivity
- Improved customer experience
- Creative and memorable
Using the novelty of hologram marketing and combining it with an exciting new footwear product, Nike was able to engage a huge number of potential customers, showing off their forward-thinking strategy.
10. Live Streaming: Build Authentic Connections
Live videos are a great way to humanise your brand and make you look more genuine. Audiences appreciate the opportunity to take a deeper look inside their favourite businesses—and live streaming a presentation or Q&A is the perfect way to do this.
- Shows you value connecting with your audience
- Come across as more genuine with raw footage
- Increased communication and intimacy with your audience
Bloomingdale’s jumped on the ‘live stream shopping’ trend that began at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic by offering their audience an interactive shopping experience from the comfort of their homes. Allowing them to ask questions and buy products during the live stream, they saw a huge climb in engagement, as well as sales.
Get Ahead of the Competition
Boost engagement with your audience by developing a smart marketing strategy that takes advantage of the latest AV trends in 2023. At Hire Intelligence, we offer a huge range of state-of-the-art technology, including AV hire, which can be rented on short- and long-term hire periods—perfect to help you get ahead of the competition, without the huge upfront cost.