HP Storageworks MSL6026 SDLT600 Tape Library
The HP Storageworks MSL6026 SDLT600 Tape Library offers a large data handling capability in a relatively small package with all the advantages in terms of longevity and data integrity that comes with magnetic tape.
Compressed storage capacity is 15.6 Terabytes and uncompressed capacity is 7.8 Terabytes using 26 Type II SDLT tapes via suitable backup software such as BackupExec. Backed up data can be expected to maintain its integrity for at least 30 years if the tapes are stored correctly. This greatly exceeds what can be expected of other storage media such as optical media such as CD’s and DVD’s, NVRAM devices like USB sticks and SD Cards, and mechanical storage devices such as hard drives.
The HP Storageworks MSL6026 SDLT600 Tape Library is also backwards read compatible with other DLT and SDLT formats so can be used to process tapes backed up on SDLT 320, SDLT220, DLT 8000, DLT 7000 and DLT 4000 hardware as well as those backed up on DLT1 and VS80 type equipment.
Connectivity is via an Ultra320 SCSI3 interface. Hire Intelligence has suitable adapters available to rent alongside the HP Storageworks MSL6026 SDLT600 Tape Library. All required cabling and termination hardware is included with every rental.
- Model: HP MSL6026 SDLT600 Tape Library
- Capacity: 7.8TB Uncompressed/15.6TB Compressed (26 x Type II SDLT Tapes)
- Connectivity: Ultra320 SCSI3 (68P VHD Connector)
- Compatibility: Type IV DLT and Type II SDLT Media, Read/Write SDLT 220 SDLT 320, Read only DLT 4000, DLT 7000, DLT 8000, DLT1, DLT VS80
- Speed: 36MB/Sec Uncompressed
- Features: Dual Tape Drives, 25, Tape Bays, Mailbox Bay, Auto-Changer
Items that go with this product
Can't find the product you need?Tell us what Technology Hardware you need and we’ll get back to you.
Chat with us now
Give live support by starting a conversation here.Chat now